06 January 2010

2009 in Review

2009 brought with it some high highs and tearful lows, but, all in all, it was interesting. I hope you enjoy reading this list as much as I've enjoyed making it. Happy New Year!

Places I've slept:
Northeast: Kingston, RI; Lenox, MA; Jamaica Plain, MA

Midwest
: Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Grand Forks, ND

California
: Oakland, Santa Barbara, Poway

Best purchase: new bike

Best gift: Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Maker

Best book:
The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell

Best album:
Lady Gaga's "The Fame"

Best object: massage squeeze-ball

Best meal: roast chicken, collard greens, smoked ham and biscuits, corn bread with sorghum butter, creamed corn, crab cakes at Hungry Mother

Best social space: impromptu dinner/brunch parties with friends

Best personal space: the top of the hill on Chestnut Street in JP, while walking back from Blissful Monkey

Best shoe: Sorel Caribou snow boots

Best project: my voice studio

Best event:
my sister's wedding!

2 comments:

Adriana said...

very fun, I'll have to do a similar list. Where are the lowlights though? the best becomes better when set in its contrast.

Angelina said...

It's a nice thought, but I'd rather keep yearly reviews to positive thoughts and reflect privately (or not on my blog) on the sad ones.

Btw, are you on Skype? We need to catch up!