I just sent in my vote for the November 4, 2008 election, and I voted in my home state, Wisconsin, for several reasons. First, Wisconsin is a "swing" state(though, as the birthplace of progressive politics it often goes blue in presidential elections) and my vote -- at least to me -- counts for more in this election. Second, my knowledge of local politics lies in Wisconsin. In fact, I just cast a ballot for the to-be Madison area representative in the Wisconsin State Legislature, Kelda Helen Roys, a fellow Northsider and my friend's older sister. From her experience as state director of NARAL, I'm confident Kelda can transition to the state-level legislative playing field. Third, I'm voting Wisconsin because people like Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin deserve re-election. Fourth, Wisconsin schools need a go-ahead in the referendum to extend their state budget allocations. Fifth, Obama believes in funding for public education, healthcare access for all, careful foreign policy and civil rights for all -- and so does Wisconsin. And, finally, Massachusetts will always be blue and will never repeal the income tax. I'm confident in this, and that's why I mailed my absentee ballot today. Forward!
12 October 2008
Vote or Die
I just sent in my vote for the November 4, 2008 election, and I voted in my home state, Wisconsin, for several reasons. First, Wisconsin is a "swing" state(though, as the birthplace of progressive politics it often goes blue in presidential elections) and my vote -- at least to me -- counts for more in this election. Second, my knowledge of local politics lies in Wisconsin. In fact, I just cast a ballot for the to-be Madison area representative in the Wisconsin State Legislature, Kelda Helen Roys, a fellow Northsider and my friend's older sister. From her experience as state director of NARAL, I'm confident Kelda can transition to the state-level legislative playing field. Third, I'm voting Wisconsin because people like Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin deserve re-election. Fourth, Wisconsin schools need a go-ahead in the referendum to extend their state budget allocations. Fifth, Obama believes in funding for public education, healthcare access for all, careful foreign policy and civil rights for all -- and so does Wisconsin. And, finally, Massachusetts will always be blue and will never repeal the income tax. I'm confident in this, and that's why I mailed my absentee ballot today. Forward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment