This week and others ahead are filled with concerts and teaching -- all pretty darn exciting -- but they make me reminisce on just a few short weeks ago when it was still summer and I could sit leisurely after work on the couch to decompress and cook a delicious dinner that we'd eat on the back patio. Maybe friends would join us.
That's what's on my mind.
If that were the case today, here's what I'd do:
(pizza dough, having been prepared this morning, is rising in the kitchen)
1. Arrive home in a timely manner and put on the water for tea.
2. Steap some mint tea, while pouring through a pile of magazines under the coffee table.
3. Haul out the laptop and update my website with all the blog posts I keep meaning to write and some new studio information. Maybe upload some newer photos, too.
4. After two posts are written, I'd start on the pizza. Toppings would be cheese, mushrooms, peppers, prosciutto, onion. Roll out the dough, spread the sauce, pile it all on.
5. Of course I'd take a picture of the pizza. But only after grabbing a beer from the fridge.
6. Put the pizza in the oven, back to the laptop.
7. At some point, partner would come home and we'd enjoy pizza while going over the day, the week and cozy up on the couch with the rest of the tea and enjoy last night's "Glee".
8. It's now 10 PM. Perfect for an early bedtime.
I know it's not much, but I can't wait to make this happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment